Tuesday 28 August 2012

CS:GO - First Impressions and Video

"OK, Lets GO"
I've recently been gifted the latest instalment in the famous n00bshooter Counter-strike, Having only played a few rounds I thought I would give my initial thoughts and feelings and also present you guys with a little video of what its like.

Although that may be the problem, if any of you have actually played a counterstrike game you will be right at home here. Why you ask?

It's pretty much the SAME GAME it's always been, and this isn't necessarily a criticism but so far I have been able to find one new game mechanic, apart from a small tazer zappy gun that now replaces knife rounds. (Don't taze me BRO). 

Wait a minute...
 Now this isn't me saying I don't like it, but I think me and a host of other fans were looking for something a little more modern, perhaps some new maps and some game play or animation refinements rather then just a few tweaks to the visuals and some guns like the Bizon. We still have the same old stiff hands while holding your weapon and the hostages still stand around like lemmings when the person leading them to safety dies.

"Hey, we'll you slow down and possibly get caught behind a corner or sumthin', LETS GO"

Anyways, enough babbling check it out for yourselves and watch me suck really quite hard.


 So to close out, I feel that overall this isn't offensive to what came before In fact it almost seems that It's too afraid to change from what they know already works. There was a lot of potential for making this game a blockbuster, one to burn out the fire of respawn happy games like Call of Duty and Battlefield but at the moment its more of a homage and graphical update to the game they made in 2004.

Here's looking to the updates to give us veterans (even if they do suck at it right now) a new map or mode that isnt Gungame.

1 comment:

  1. An outstanding shаrе! I haѵе just forwaгdeԁ this οnto а friend who haѕ been doing а little rеsearсh on this.

    Anԁ hе in faсt bought me lunch ѕimply becаuse I stumbled upon it for him.
    .. lol. Ѕo lеt me reword thіs.... Thank ҮOU foг the meal!
    ! But yeah, thаnx for spenԁing somе time
    to talk about thіs subjeсt heгe оn your website.



    Have а loοk at my wеbsite; Epoxy garage floor Phoenix

    ReplyDelete