Friday 16 December 2011

Unit 3 Last Part!!!

3.4 Be able to plan a research exercise to test an idea for exploiting converging technology.

So first I need to create an idea of converging technology, so the one i have chosen to talk about is a watch smartphone with a projector for showing your latest video or setting up impromptu cinematic experiences. I have named it the W-share.




Having researched the the lack of stylish watches that incorporated technology companies came up with a relatively simple idea of a strap that can hold an Ipod nano, allowing them to use it as a watch as well as a media device.




Rolling with this idea in mind I thought the restrictions that the Nano had (e.g not incorporating calls and wi-fi internet connection) and wanted to see if I could work in the idea of live projection to share your favourite movies   (ala star wars, or old timey cinema projectors) and having smartphone technology. Seeing as the Ipod Nano has apps it cannot be beyond the realms of possibility.



Inspired by R2s projection in a "A New Hope"


Incorporating the HD projection features  into the watch.
To research the market this item could appeal to, I checked the rise in popularity of searches on internet site Google to gauge possible interest in my converged product the W-share. the terms I searched for was Ipod Watch, Projector watch, Smartphone watch. This gives me a rough Idea of the kind of market popularity the product could tap into. As well as this I plan to create a quick survey questionnaire to send out to my peers who also do my college course to see if they think its a good idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment